I am a Librarian.
I love to read.
I read teen books.
My name is Casey.
- Adult Book Club Aliens Alternative History Angels Awards Award Winners BBYA Bloggiesta Boarding School Book-to-Movie Book Lists Booktalks Booktrailers Classics Cybils Death Depression Dystopian Emily the Strange End of the World Fairies Fairy Tale Retelling Fairy Tales Family Issues Fantasy Futuristic Gangs Ghosts Ghost Story Gothic Graphic Novel Historical Homosexuality Humorous Identity Issue Japan Library Loot Links Lists Literary Figures Magic Manga Music Mystery Mythology Necromancer Picture Pixies Post-Apocalyptic Programming Ideas Psychic Realistic Road Trip Romance ROYAL Sci-Fi Series Siblings Summer Supernatural Survival Thriller TV Shows Vampires video Vietnam War Waiting on Wednesday Weres Werewolves Witches Wordle WWII Yearly Top Picks Zombies
- RT @LizB: reading the comments to john scalzi's post MAN IN FREY FLANNEL SUIT http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/11/13/the-man-in-the-frey- ... 6 years ago
- Who is Pittacus Lore? http://words.leahraeder.com/books/who-is-pittacus-lore/ 6 years ago
- RT @maureenjohnson: Blog Post: THE JAMES FREY PROBLEM http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/2010/11/13/the-james-frey-problem/ 6 years ago
- Allen Zadoff: book not abt size but abt the feeling that you need to somehow change yourself to be accepted. Universal! #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago
- "Paradox of Visibility" - so visible b/c of size yet ignored and not seen as real person #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago
Tag Archives: Award Winners
The winners are probably old news by now but, even though I’m announcing late, I still want to give recognition to the awesome winners of the 2009 Cybils awards. Below are the winners in the Young Adult categories: Non-Fiction The … Continue reading
In my last post I linked the movie trailer for the upcoming flick Whip It and confessed my new love of roller derby. First I should probably give you a bit of background on my roller derby love. Up until … Continue reading
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart for the YA Fiction Category! Check out all of the winners here. There are some not surprising winners — The Graveyard Book and The Hunger Games for the Middle Grade and … Continue reading
Today the 2009 ALA Youth Media Awards were announced including the Printz winner and honors. Since the winner and one of the honors is up for a Cybil in the Young Adult Fiction category, of which I’m a judge, I … Continue reading
The Morris Award is a new award given to outstanding first-time YA authors. Official wording and award info here. Here are the five finalists: Curse as Dark as Gold by Elizabeth Bunce Graceling by Kristin Cashore Absolute Brightness by James … Continue reading
What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell Also, check out the interview with Judy Blundell.