Thanks to some very generous relatives who gave me bookstore gift certificates for Christmas (Thank you! Thank you!), I just indulged myself in some book buying, something I rarely do since I am in love with the library (and not rich enough to buy all the books I want). I just bought Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston because of this and because the cover is gorgeous. I also bought Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Darkside by Beth Fantaskey. I went to the store intending to buy W.S. and Lament by Maggie Stiefvater but they didn’t have Lament (sigh). I was so hyped about buying two books that when I saw Jessica’s Guide, I couldn’t help myself. I’m a little wary. I haven’t really liked any of the new vampire books that came out this year because it seems as though authors are churning them out simply to capitalize on the Twilight phenomenon but I needed something light, fun, and a little romantic to combat the WWII blues. Now, though, I am going to have to also buy Lament. After seeing it on best of 2008 lists and reading the reviews on Amazon, I don’t see how I will be able to resist buying it! Can I just say, though, what is with Lament’s cover? Am I the only one who thinks it’s horrible? Is it a good representation of the story? One review on Amazon talked about the book’s humor but from that cover I thought it was going to be a depressing, tear-jerker. Anyway, I’m excited to dig into my purchases! I’m looking forward to ringing in the New Year by sitting on my couch and reading all day long.
I am a Librarian.
I love to read.
I read teen books.
My name is Casey.
- Adult Book Club Aliens Alternative History Angels Awards Award Winners BBYA Bloggiesta Boarding School Book-to-Movie Book Lists Booktalks Booktrailers Classics Cybils Death Depression Dystopian Emily the Strange End of the World Fairies Fairy Tale Retelling Fairy Tales Family Issues Fantasy Futuristic Gangs Ghosts Ghost Story Gothic Graphic Novel Historical Homosexuality Humorous Identity Issue Japan Library Loot Links Lists Literary Figures Magic Manga Music Mystery Mythology Necromancer Picture Pixies Post-Apocalyptic Programming Ideas Psychic Realistic Road Trip Romance ROYAL Sci-Fi Series Siblings Summer Supernatural Survival Thriller TV Shows Vampires video Vietnam War Waiting on Wednesday Weres Werewolves Witches Wordle WWII Yearly Top Picks Zombies
- RT @LizB: reading the comments to john scalzi's post MAN IN FREY FLANNEL SUIT http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/11/13/the-man-in-the-frey- ... 6 years ago
- Who is Pittacus Lore? http://words.leahraeder.com/books/who-is-pittacus-lore/ 6 years ago
- RT @maureenjohnson: Blog Post: THE JAMES FREY PROBLEM http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/2010/11/13/the-james-frey-problem/ 6 years ago
- Allen Zadoff: book not abt size but abt the feeling that you need to somehow change yourself to be accepted. Universal! #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago
- "Paradox of Visibility" - so visible b/c of size yet ignored and not seen as real person #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago