I am a Librarian.
I love to read.
I read teen books.
My name is Casey.
- Adult Book Club Aliens Alternative History Angels Awards Award Winners BBYA Bloggiesta Boarding School Book-to-Movie Book Lists Booktalks Booktrailers Classics Cybils Death Depression Dystopian Emily the Strange End of the World Fairies Fairy Tale Retelling Fairy Tales Family Issues Fantasy Futuristic Gangs Ghosts Ghost Story Gothic Graphic Novel Historical Homosexuality Humorous Identity Issue Japan Library Loot Links Lists Literary Figures Magic Manga Music Mystery Mythology Necromancer Picture Pixies Post-Apocalyptic Programming Ideas Psychic Realistic Road Trip Romance ROYAL Sci-Fi Series Siblings Summer Supernatural Survival Thriller TV Shows Vampires video Vietnam War Waiting on Wednesday Weres Werewolves Witches Wordle WWII Yearly Top Picks Zombies
- RT @LizB: reading the comments to john scalzi's post MAN IN FREY FLANNEL SUIT http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/11/13/the-man-in-the-frey- ... 6 years ago
- Who is Pittacus Lore? http://words.leahraeder.com/books/who-is-pittacus-lore/ 6 years ago
- RT @maureenjohnson: Blog Post: THE JAMES FREY PROBLEM http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/2010/11/13/the-james-frey-problem/ 6 years ago
- Allen Zadoff: book not abt size but abt the feeling that you need to somehow change yourself to be accepted. Universal! #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago
- "Paradox of Visibility" - so visible b/c of size yet ignored and not seen as real person #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago
Monthly Archives: December 2008
by Deb Caletti Jade suffers from Panic Disorder. While she is on medication and meets with a psychologist, there are other little things she does to help her cope with her disorder, such as tap three times before entering her … Continue reading
Thanks to some very generous relatives who gave me bookstore gift certificates for Christmas (Thank you! Thank you!), I just indulged myself in some book buying, something I rarely do since I am in love with the library (and not … Continue reading
by Susan Campbell Bartoletti We meet young Helmuth on October 27, 1942 on his 264th day in a Nazi prison. It’s a Tuesday and the executioner works on Tuesday. Will this be Helmuth’s Tuesday? What has Helmuth done to land … Continue reading
by Eva Ibbotson Tally’s family decides it is best to send her away from London to the safe haven of the countryside as war becomes a more imminent threat. Tally doesn’t want to go to boarding school, but she is … Continue reading
As I have mentioned in a couple of recent posts, I am giving booktalks in January to 6th graders on World War II in Europe. I have lists of books used in the past by my predecessors and I am … Continue reading
by John Boyne Nine-year-old Bruno must leave his comfortable home in Berlin that has five floor and a banister for sliding down and his three best friends for life and his grandparents to live in a desolate countryside where there … Continue reading