Yesterday I was in the mall, depressed because I couldn’t find a dress I liked for a reasonable price (when did dresses get so expensive!), so I went into a bookstore to cheer myself up. Much to my surprise, there on the new book rack was Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I thought the original release date wasn’t until October! I ended up buying a copy. Usually I don’t buy books since that habit could get out of hand really fast and because I am very much in love with the library, but recently my library hasn’t been receiving titles that I have been interested in right away (why can’t they tailor their buying to what I’m most interested in :) ), so I decided it was worth the investment. When I got home I checked on the other titles on my short list and noticed that Graceling by Kristin Cashore has also been released earlier than I expected. Guess what’s next on my “to buy” list? My mall trip turned out not to be a complete bust. I bought a book that I’ve heard so many good things about and I did find a great dress, though I spent more than I was hoping to but I received several compliments throughout the evening when I wore it so I think it all evened out. Yesterday was a good day!
I am a Librarian.
I love to read.
I read teen books.
My name is Casey.
- Adult Book Club Aliens Alternative History Angels Awards Award Winners BBYA Bloggiesta Boarding School Book-to-Movie Book Lists Booktalks Booktrailers Classics Cybils Death Depression Dystopian Emily the Strange End of the World Fairies Fairy Tale Retelling Fairy Tales Family Issues Fantasy Futuristic Gangs Ghosts Ghost Story Gothic Graphic Novel Historical Homosexuality Humorous Identity Issue Japan Library Loot Links Lists Literary Figures Magic Manga Music Mystery Mythology Necromancer Picture Pixies Post-Apocalyptic Programming Ideas Psychic Realistic Road Trip Romance ROYAL Sci-Fi Series Siblings Summer Supernatural Survival Thriller TV Shows Vampires video Vietnam War Waiting on Wednesday Weres Werewolves Witches Wordle WWII Yearly Top Picks Zombies
- RT @LizB: reading the comments to john scalzi's post MAN IN FREY FLANNEL SUIT http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/11/13/the-man-in-the-frey- ... 6 years ago
- Who is Pittacus Lore? http://words.leahraeder.com/books/who-is-pittacus-lore/ 6 years ago
- RT @maureenjohnson: Blog Post: THE JAMES FREY PROBLEM http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/2010/11/13/the-james-frey-problem/ 6 years ago
- Allen Zadoff: book not abt size but abt the feeling that you need to somehow change yourself to be accepted. Universal! #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago
- "Paradox of Visibility" - so visible b/c of size yet ignored and not seen as real person #readfat #yalsalit10 6 years ago